For the dedicated student.
A supplemental boost to your playing
Does making music with other people sound fun?
Because it is!
While the membership we most recommend is the Tier 3, Group & Private lessons, if you are on a budget but still want to improve on the violin, this membership tier, Tier 2, may be perfect for you.
- Feel bored in your practice?
- Miss playing in an orchestra?
- Experience difficulty learning violin on your own?
- Find private lessons too expensive?
JUMP TO DETAILS
THE GROUP CLASS MEMBERSHIP
1. Are a fun, affordable way to improve on violin every single week.
2. Develop a keen sense of timing, outside the metronome, in a realistic situation.
2. Teach you to adjust your speed and musical feel and phrasing to match those around you.
3. Break you out of the habit of always wanting to stop when you mess up.
4. Teach you how to play your part while one or more other parts are going, and not getting distracted or thrown off.
5. Show you that you're not alone in the things you struggle with, comradery in learning this difficulty later in life.
6. Give you the chance to perform as part of a group.
7. Let you hear the beauty of the parts coming together throughout the entire piece. Even though you can try to approximate this with a recording, nothing beats the real thing.
Live Group Classes
Round out your education by attending group classes 1-2x/week which are already included in this membership level. Learning is more fun together, and there are a lot of things you just can't learn on your own! Schedule in advance to attend any class on any day of the month. Drop-ins are ok, but seats can only be guaranteed in advance. Attend online or in-person.
2 BONUS Online Group Classes
Just for committing to this adventure, you're going to get 2 free online group classes per month, completely in addition to the ones you are signing up for. That means if you opt to take 8 group classes a month, now you've got 10! (WIth those extra 2 being attended online.)
Monthly Song Challenge - NEW
Each month we'll be doing an online collaboration. Pick a part to learn, follow the instructions and link, play along with me, then submit your recording, and I'll seam together everyone's video so that we can all be playing at once, together!
Tons of fun, educational sheet music with accompanying practice videos that are synced up to live notation.
Recorded Group Classes
Search the Archives for any song or topic, or just watch the class you just missed last week.
Free Practice Room Time
If you opt for 2x/week classes, you'll get free practice room time each month! Book before a class to warm up, after a class to keep going, or practice with a friend. All for free. ($15/hr after 2 hours.)
We want to reward you for dedicating yourself to learning the violin. Receive 10% off our retail merchandise (including violins) and 25 - 30% off any additional group classes you'd like to attend.
While the membership we recommend most is the Tier 3, Group & Private lessons, if you are on a bit of a budget but still want to get better on violin and have lots of fun, this membership may be perfect for you.
If you are:
- Missing playing in an orchestra
- Having trouble finding affordable classes in NYC
- Having difficulty learning violin on your own
- Feeling uninspired in your practice
You should consider this Tier 2 Group Class Membership to keep you moving on your violin progress.
IS THE GROUP CLASS MEMBERSHIP RIGHT FOR YOU?
This membership is perfect if you:
- You are on a very tight budget.
- You think of music as a social activity.
- You'd like to meet new people your age with the same interests.
- You want to try something new.
- You feel you play better in a group setting.
- You like being able to blend in.
- You want to improve your sight reading in a low-pressure situation.
- You think music is more fun together.
- You like having something to practice for.
- You want to provide encouragement to those who are where you were 6-12 months ago.
- Can attend 1-2x/week.
This membership is not a good fit if you:
- Are just looking for private lessons.
- Do not enjoy playing with a group.
- Are able to attend 3x/week. (We most recommend Tier 3).