Rent a Violin in 2 Steps:
1. Schedule a pick-up time here if necessary.
2. Click here to start your rental on the day of your pick-up.
Active Students Only
We offer violin rentals to students actively taking lessons at NYC Violin Studio. Unfortuntely, we cannot offer rentals to students who are not taking lessons or classes here.
All rentals require a refundable security deposit of $150, which will be returned when the violin is returned in the same condition. Though damages are rare, the repair cost of any that do occur will deducted from this amount. If the damage is greater than $150, you will be charged for the additional amount, or for a replacement price, ($482) whichever is lower. If you do wind up damaging the instrument during your rental period, you also have the option to take your instrument to a qualified luthier for repair, and receive your full security deposit back.
Rental Start Date
Violin rentals are $39.99/month, plus tax. The day you start the rental and the day of pick-up should coincide. Your card will be charged monthly until the violin is returned.
You can switch instruments or instrument sizes at any time, based on availability.
You can get a fresh string change every 6 months. This includes replacing any strings you might accidentally snap.
Rent To Buy
Right now we are not offering a Rent-to-Buy program. We sell violins, and we rent violins but right now these two are not mixed.
Returning Your Violin
1. While not required, students tend to find it easiest to book a time to drop off their rental.
2. We will check over the violin and bow and make sure the instrument is not damaged.
3. The owner of the studio will process your Security Deposit refund within the next 7 days. You will also be given the option to use these funds towards lessons, classes or merchandise.